Hope and Resilience Among Pre-Championship Athletes with Disabilities

Berliana Widi Scarvanovi, Laelatus Syifa Sari Agustinab, Farida Hidayatic

Abstract


Physical limitations do not become obstacles for people with disabilities to become creative and get the achievement. The persons with disabilities to be creative and achieve in sports. Sports is the media that can be a means of self-actualization for athletes with physical disabilities. Therefore the match can reduce a stressful event for athletes with a physical disability. This study aims to see the correlation between hope and resilience among pre-championship athletes with disabilities. This study's population is pre-championship of the athlete with disabilities trained under NPC (National Paralympic Committee) of Indonesia. The participants of this research are 112 athletes. The current study was finding a correlation of hope and resilience among pre-championship athletes with disabilities. The contribution of hope to resilience is 51%, while other variables influence the other 49%. Furthermore, hope has a strong positive correlation to resilience.

Keywords


hope, resilience, athletes with disabilities

Full Text:

PDF

References


Adisasmito, & Lilik, S. (2007). Mental Juara: Modal Atlet Berpretasi. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.

Anira, Damayanti, I., & Rahayu, N. I. (2017). Tingkat Kecemasan Atlet Sebelum, pada saat Istirahat dan Sesudah Pertandingan. Jurnal Terapan Ilmu Keolahragaan.

Budhiarti, R. (2018). Resiliensi Tunadaksa yang Berprestasi dalam Bidang Olahraga. Skripsi.

Cathlin, C. A., Anggreany, Y., & Dewi, W. P. (2019). Pengaruh Harapan terhadap Resiliensi Wanita Dewasa Muda yang Pernah Mengalami Abostus Spontan. Jurnal Psikologi Ulayat 6(1), 1-13.

Damayanti, S., & Rostiana. (2013). Dinamika Emosi Penyandang Tunadaksa Pasca Kecelakaan. Jurnal Psikologi Arkhe.

Dariyo, A. (2016). Penerapan kegiatan bermain untuk pengembangan resiliensi pada penyandang tunadaksa di Jakarta Barat. Jurnal Pemberdayaan Masyarakat, 03(02). 143-149.

Feist, J., & Feist, G. (2008). Theories of Personality, 7ed. New York: Mc GrawHill Inc.

Ilham, R. M., & Mubarak, A. (2018). Kontribusi Trait Kepribadian Big Five Personality terhadap Resilience pada Atlet Tuna Daksa Non Bawaan di NPCI Kota Bandung. Prosiding Psikologi .

Karatas, Z. ( 2011). Self-Esteem and Hopelessness, and Resiliency: An Exploratory Study of Adolescents in Turkey. International Education Studies Vol. 4, No. 4, 84-91.

Kim, T., Yu, S., Lee, S., & Puig, A. (2005). Hope and the meaning of life as influences on Korean adoescents' resilience : implications for counselors. Asia Pasific Education Review, 143-152.

Kinanthi, G. W., & Jannah, M. (2016). Gambaran Kepribadian Hardiness Atlet Paralympic Atletik Lari Cepat. Jurnal Psikologi Teori dan Terapan.

Masten, A. (1994). Resilience in individual development: Successful adaptation despite risk and adversity. In M. Wang, & E. Gordon, Educational resilience in inner-city America. Hillsdale: Lawrence Erlbaum.

Mednick, L., Cogen, F., Henderson, C., Rohrbeck, C. A., Kitessa, D., & Streisand, R. (2007). Hope More, Worry Less: Hope as a Potential Resilience Factor in Mothers of Very Young Children With Type 1 Diabetes. Children's Health Care 36(4), 385–396.

Ramawidjaya, N. M., & Sartika, D. (2016). Hubungan antara Self-Compassion dengan Psychological Well-Being pada Atlet Tuna Daksa. Prosiding Psikologi.

Sari, R. P. (2016). Analisis Kecemasan Atlet terhadap Prestasi Sebelum dan Sesudah Pertandingan. Jurnal Pendidikan Olahraga dan Kesehatan.

Shatte, A., & Reivich, K. (2002). The resilience factor: 7 essential skills for overcoming life’s inevitable obstacles. New York: Broadway.

Shetty, V. (2015). Resiliency, Hope, and Life satisfaction in Midlife. IOSR Journal Of Humanities And Social Science (IOSR-JHSS) Volume 20, Issue 6, Ver. III , 29-32.

Snyder, C. (1994). The Psychology of hope: you can get there from here. New York: NY : Free Press.

Snyder, C. R. (2002). Hope Theory: Rainbows in the Mind . Psychological Inquiry Vol. 13, No. 4, 249-275 .

Snyder, C. R., Harris, C., Anderson, J. R., Holleran, S. A., Irving, L. M., & Sigmon, S. T. (1991). The will and the ways: Development and validation of an individual-differences measure of hope. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 60, 570-585.

Wagnild, G.M. (2010). Discovering your resilience core. v.04, 1-4. Retrieved on November 08 2017 from http://www.pobal.ie/Publications/Documents/Discovering_Your_Resilience_Core.pdf


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2021 Journal of ICSAR

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Journal of ICSAR is Indexing by:

       

 

 

 

 

web
counter  ---> View Statistic

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.